Thursday, April 8, 2010

What Made Them All Fall Down

Brown hair blew gently in the breeze, and a figure could be seen standing in the middle of a field, cold green eyes scanning the area in front of him. He smiled a little as he watched two grey squirrels fighting over a nut that just fell from a tree. The larger squirrel seemed to be winning,and he felt slightly sorry for the smaller one. After a few minutes, he grew tired of watching and turned his gaze away, instead searching for a certain figure, who should have been there half an hour ago. He sighed and decided his friend may have forgotten they were going to meet and figured he might as well go home. He turned away and was about to walk back when he suddenly felt a weight launch itself onto his back. He stumbled forward and landed face first into the dirt. He heard a high pitched giggle and felt someone sitting on his back. He lifted himself up a little and turned around glaring at the other person.

"Annalise." he grumbled
The person smiled, "Hey, Elliot! What's up?"
"First, get off me, woman! You are heavy." he said
Annalise pouted, but her blue eyes still sparkled with mischief, "You are so mean! Just for that, I'm just gonna stay here forever and ever and ev--"

But before she could finish, Elliot stood up and knocked her back onto her butt. She laughed and grinned up at him.

"Meanie." she giggled
Elliot rolled his eyes and held a hand out, "Come on. We're late enough as it is and I really don't want Julien to freak out on us."
Annalise nodded, "Okay. I'm sorry." she said, accepting his hand and pulling herself up.

And together, they left the field and continued to their friend's house. Where they should have been three hours ago.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! The character interactions are great - you can really see the close friendship they have. The scene is very cute, lighthearted, fun, and made me smile to read. I love the details in the opening sentence and the general flow of the story. I hope you write more about these two characters! Also, bonus points for sneaking some squirrel action in there!! (You should make a goal of trying to have something to do with squirrels in EVERY post!!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a good story, I hope to read more about these two. They seem liked they would be funny 2 read about. Annalise is full of myschief and Elliot seem to handle it well. They are really interesting please write more about them.

    ReplyDelete