Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Monster Ate It!

Annalise sighed in contentment. She burrowed further into the couch and wrapped the blanket tighter around her body. It was a warm summer day and she decided to spend it inside, watching TV and perhaps reading a book. Well, that was what she was planning anyway. But all her plans flew out the window when the front door burst open and she heard an argument between two of her most favorite people. She rolled her eyes and got up, leaving the blanket, and any semblance of a peaceful day, behind.

"No! Get away from me, boy!" Julien yelled, appearing in the front hallway.


"But it was mine!" Elliot cried, directly behind him.

"Well, you shouldn't have left it there then!" Julien argued.

"I didn't think anyone was going to steal it."

"You thought wrong! I mean who leaves something like that lying around and expects no one to go and get it?!"
Annalise sighed, "What happened this time?" she asked, leaning against the wall.

Both boys looked up and smiled when they saw her, forgetting their argument for the moment.

"Annalise!" Elliot cried, walking over and giving her a small hug.

"Anna." Julien greeted.

"Is anyone going to answer or am I gonna have to beat it out of you two?" she asked as soon as Elliot pulled away.


Julien sighed, rubbing his temple and looking like he was going to have a headache soon. Elliot stood next to her, pouting.


"Well?" she prompted.

It was Julien who answered first, "Okay, so I was walking in the park, right? And I passed this bench with a chocolate chip muffin on it. I thought it was weird that someone just left it, so--"

"The monster ate it! He ate my precious chocolate chip muffin!" Elliot cried in despair.

"It was just sitting there! What else was I supposed to do?" Julien shot back.

"Uh, I don't know, leave it, perhaps?!"

"That would be a waste." Julien said, nodding sagely.

Elliot smacked a hand to his face, "What if it was poisoned? Did you ever think of that?"

"Nope. Who poisons a muffin, I mean really?"

"So you mean to tell me you just pick up random muffins off of park benches and eat them?!"

"If they look good, then yes."


Annalise watched in silence as the two went back at it. She shook her head and wandered back into the living room. She plopped down onto the couch and flipped on the TV hoping to drown out the rest of the two idiots' conversation.

'Well,' she thought, 'At least it's never a boring day around here.'

1 comment:

  1. haha! This story is so funny! I love it. Your really good at writting. yeah..never mind your not good at writting your AMAZING! This story was flawless and i love how well you do at putting it all together.

    ReplyDelete